IT2402 MOBILE COMMUNICATION 3 0 0 3
UNIT I WIRELESS COMMUNICATION 7
Cellular systems- Frequency Management and Channel Assignment- types of handoff and their characteristics, dropped call rates & their evaluation -MAC – SDMA – FDMA – TDMA – CDMA – Cellular Wireless Networks
UNIT II WIRELESS NETWORKS 9
Wireless LAN – IEEE 802.11 Standards – Architecture – Services – Mobile Ad hoc Networks- WiFi and WiMAX – Wireless Local Loop
UNIT III MOBILE COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS 11
GSM-architecture-Location tracking and call setup- Mobility management- Handover-Security-GSM SMS –International roaming for GSM- call recording functions-subscriber and service data mgt –-Mobile Number portability -VoIP service for Mobile Networks –GPRS –Architecture-GPRS procedures-attach and detach procedures-PDP context procedure-combined RA/LA update procedures-Billing
UNIT IV MOBILE NETWORK AND TRANSPORT LAYERS 9
Mobile IP – Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol-Mobile Ad Hoc Routing Protocols– Multicast routing-TCP over Wireless Networks – Indirect TCP – Snooping TCP – Mobile TCP – Fast Retransmit / Fast Recovery – Transmission/Timeout Freezing-Selective Retransmission – Transaction Oriented TCP- TCP over 2.5 / 3G wireless Networks
UNIT V APPLICATION LAYER 9
WAP Model- Mobile Location based services -WAP Gateway –WAP protocols – WAP user agent profile- caching model-wireless bearers for WAP – WML – WMLScripts – WTA – iMode- SyncML
TOTAL = 45
1. Jochen Schiller, “Mobile Communications”, Second Edition, Pearson Education, 2003.
2. William Stallings, “Wireless Communications and Networks”, Pearson Education, 2002.
1. Kaveh Pahlavan, Prasanth Krishnamoorthy, “Principles of Wireless Networks”, First Edition, Pearson Education, 2003.
2. Uwe Hansmann, Lothar Merk, Martin S. Nicklons and Thomas Stober, “Principles of Mobile Computing”, Springer, 2003.
3. C.K.Toh, “AdHoc Mobile Wireless Networks”, First Edition, Pearson Education, 2002.